Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In South Fulton
You understand you have to defend your home. After all, it’sthe haven where your family lives and is where you store your valuables. But what is the best form of home protection? Determining if you should get 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary considerations you must make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in South Fulton and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection connects to an external monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. If a door sensor activates or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals get an instant notification. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and send the proper first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include a backup team. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to act to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In South Fulton
Here’s a quick look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your property and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react quicker to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may entitle you to a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Better components and seamless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with devices that may be superior to what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous residents prefer to have the install taken care of by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation may be acceptable for most as home security is a service you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In South Fulton
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers might deem this to be a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra charge. Others might want to go with an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You can integrate components whenever you wish - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find integrating into a seamless system more complex.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want a helping hand during an install, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In South Fulton
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in South Fulton from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best choice for your family. Contact (731) 202-7028 today to customize your package.