Today's home security options are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, you may still forget to perform simple security tasks like arming your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these chores again? With geofencing in South Fulton, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In South Fulton For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you can set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to interact with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all components onto a single network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries on all sides of your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, as soon as you exit your property, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in South Fulton. With the mobile app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera senses strange movements around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your lighting switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in South Fulton
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (731) 202-7028 or submit the following form to start designing your perfect security system.